Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I Pitched Tim Draper

The truth of the matter is that old ideas die hard. When I read that Tim Draper was asking for people to pitch their billion-dollar idea on Always On, I couldn't help but write about ScribeCenter.

For those that don't know, ScribeCenter is was a digital dictation and transcription management solution for attorneys. It took up a whole lot of my waking hours for a period of almost two years. I brought together a group of four other individuals to perform the coding, architecture design, and corporate operations. I also built a pretty strong advisory network composed of people in the industry. We even had a fully functional prototype (except for the actual audio capture portion). ...So what was the problem? Unfortunately, it was the wrong four people. Things ended up imploding when the developers and architect were laid off from their full time positions.

ScribeCenter served as a great learning experience. I was sad the day that I dissolved the company and I still think it has legs. Who knows, maybe I'll get a call from Tim.

No comments: