Thursday, August 05, 2004

(Re)writing the Business Plan

As I told you folks earlier, I lost my previous business plan due to a combination of stupidity and laziness. The plan wasn't finished (as if they ever are) so I had never printed a copy or sent it to anybody for review before losing the USB key drive that I stored it on. Well, I'm in the process of re-writing the business plan for the Chippery and I'm much happier with this version than the last. I've been able to take a step back and re-think the entire concept. I'm no longer married to the words that I had thrown on the page just so that I didn't have to stare at a blank sheet anymore.

In doing the re-write, I've gone back to one of the resources I've always used to get my bearings on the outline. That's Inc.com. They have a series of posts (Build a Strong Business Plan, Section by Section) that for some reason or other, I've always used to get a better idea of what I should include in the business plan. The articles may not be all-encompassing, but they've helped me. I thought I should share.

No comments: