Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Employment Pre-Screening Service

Wow! What a racket! Here's an itch looking for a scratch...

I've been looking for a service that will automate the employment pre-screening for my chippery stores. I figure that for high-turnover businesses like this there must be something where I can pay a monthly fee to have any candidate answer a few preliminary questions, then if they satisfy our criteria, have them move on to a short personality assessment. Personality assessments are available in the public domain and the rest of it isn't rocket science.

Well, I've found a few providers, but none that are even remotely close to what I'm willing to pay. One wouldn't even quote because they target operations with more than 4000 units. The ones I have gotten prices from charge upwards of $2500 for initial setup and then about $25-$50 per candidate - not qualified candidate, just candidate. If I send 10 people to this site, they charge me $250-$500 that month! The incremental cost for each new applicant is zero once the system is set up!

I don't know about you, but this looks like a rip off.

No comments: