Friday, April 30, 2004

Taubman Provides Wi-Fi in Texas

Slightly disappointed...

TimesDispatch.com | 'Online shopper' has new meaning:
"Internet lovers take note: You can now surf the Web wire-free in the outdoor commons areas at Stony Point Fashion Park."


I have been planning on providing either free or free-ish wi-fi from The Chippery in Wellington Green but this looks like it won't happen. My idea was to "light up" the surrounding area with a hot spot that would be free for a limited time for those that purchase anything from my place or give the user the option of registering for a regular account. I've been planning to use Airpath's Wi-Boss platform for this. I'll bring it up with the Wellington Green management and see if it can still fly. In either case, this wouldn't have been available until a few months after opening. I would want to gather some feasibility info before plunking down a grand or two on the service and hardware.